Convenient W-Lan solution at a fleet operators site: DLD® Short Range II
Automatic download to your company WLAN
Your advantages at a glance
- Wireless transfer of mass storage device and driver card data
- Automatic download at the dates specified by law
- The company card can stay in the office
- Secure connection (https) for maximum data security
- Automatic forwarding to TIS-Web possible
You operate a large fleet and your vehicles come back to the yard on a regular basis. If this is the case, it is easy to use the DLD Short Range II to download all data from the mass storage devices and driver cards to your company WLAN while the vehicles are in the truck parking area. Your drivers no longer have to come into the office and the company card can stay in the office.
The download starts automatically: as soon as the vehicle is in a certain area, a check is made using the job sheet in the Remote TCO Manager (software is part of the scope of delivery) to see whether a download needs to be carried out for the driver or the vehicle. The deadlines are generated automatically on the basis of an order list in accordance with the default settings. You can be sure that all statutory archiving deadlines are actually complied with. As the company's own network is used for data transmission, no additional fees are incurred.
Simple further processing and data analysis
The downloaded files are compatible with TIS-Web and archiving and analysis solutions of other providers. Depending on the archiving and evaluation software used, you can analyse and optimise the routes travelled, the fuel consumption of your fleet, the drivers' travel and rest periods and other factors.
This is how data transmission works
(1) The device establishes a connection between the digital tachograph and the Remote TCO Manager (software is included in the scope of delivery) on your PC.
(2) The tachograph and driver card are authenticated with the help of the company card.
Please note: You need a card reader to read the company card
(3) Secure download of drivercard and/or mass storage device data from the digital tachograph to the DLD. Data are collected and encrypted there.
(4) The DLD Short Range transfers the encrypted data to the PC via the local wireless network (WLAN).
(5) For TIS-Webcustomers the data are transferred directly to the TIS-Web server via a secure internet connection (https) and are available there for inspection and analysis.
- VDO card reader for reading the company card during authentication (necessary to match the driver card and the tachograph)
- Office PC with continuous internet connection
- WLAN network for wireless data transmission
- It is very easy to configure the DLD in accordance with your requirements using the supplied configuration software
- DTCO from Release 1.3 with released front interface for wireless transmission. As an option, it is also possible to connect the DLD to the DTCO via CAN. Ask a service partner workshop for advice.
- Power supply for the device, e.g. cigarette lighter in vehicle